We have just released wxWidgets 3.0.2, please see the announcement for the download links. There is nothing particularly exciting about this maintenance release, but it does fix quite a few bugs and so upgrading to it is recommended to all 3.0 users -- there are no drawbacks to it, as the new release remains both API- and ABI-compatible with 3.0.0.
To give slightly more details, the fixes were mostly in wxMSW, quoting from the change log:
- Fix background of wxRadioBox buttons and wxSlider.
- Fix appearance of wxToggleButtons with non default colours.
- Fix drawing on wxDC when using right-to-left layout.
- Fix wxGrid appearance and behaviour in RTL.
- Fix creating wxBitmap from monochrome wxIcon or wxCursor.
- Fix handling of bitmaps with alpha in wxImageList.
- Add paragraph spacing attributes support to wxTextCtrl.
- Show new style directory selector even for non existent paths.
- Fix order of radial gradient stops.
- Fix font created using wxFont(wxFontInfo()) ctor.
- Fix wxFileName::GetShortcutTarget() in console applications.
- Fix wxFileName::MakeRelativeTo() for shortcut files.
- Fix height of initially empty wxBitmapComboBox.
- Fix setting label of submenu items.
- Fix using Esc as accelerator in the menus.
- Fix wrong initial status bar height in some cases.
In wxGTK, wxSearchCtrl was fixed and doesn't truncate the text and icons inside it any more. There were a few changes in wxOSX as well, including a fix for the use of wxPreferencesEditor.
Finally, in spite of the focus on the bug fixes, there are also a couple of new features in this release:
- wxDateTime::Format() now support POSIX %V, %G and %g format specifiers for week-number formatting.
- XRC handler for wxSimplebook was added.
- It is also now possible to specify the window variant (normal, small, large, ...) in XRC.
- wxGenericListCtrl::EndEditLabel() was implemented, for consistency with the native wxMSW version.
As always, please let us know about any problems with this release and we hope you will find it useful!